At Teaching Personnel we are working in partnership with an 'Outstanding' primary school based in South Ockendon Essex to appoint a behaviour mentor. This opportunity is to work with a KS2 pupils with additional needs (high functioning autism, ADHD, SEMH). You will work to support the pupil with their behaviour and learning through the course of the day. This is a class-based position working closely with the child; however, you may have to deliver 1:1 intervention sessions independently to maintain the progress of the pupil's behaviour and learning. You will be providing help to the class teacher with the pupil to aid them in overcoming any behavioural issues, whilst also acting as a role model.
- Passionate and empathetic individual
- Relevant qualifications (level 2, level 3, degree)
- Previous experience working with SEN, Challenging behaviour, Youth offending, Youth Work or Sports Coaching
- Strong GCSE results English and Maths
- Good background subject knowledge of KS2 National Curriculum
- Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and emphatic listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Current DBS on the Update Service (or willing to apply for a new one)
A Behaviour Mentor is a tailored intervention role that has been designed to help pupils with behavioural problems to reach their full potential and is extremely beneficial in supporting pupils in education. If you are passionate about supporting pupils in a primary school environment, then this could be the role for you!
What we can offer:
- Weekly pay based on skills, availability and experience
- Teaching personnel's CPD academy - Your continuous professional development
- Having choice and variety of different job roles
- MyTP, a digital service that will make your admin work and communication simple
- A helping hand with advice and support
If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to get in touch! I look forward to hearing from you.