Position: Behaviour Support Assistant
Start date: 03/10/22
An Ofsted graded 'good' secondary school in Burnley are looking to appoint a Behaviour Support Assistant in September 2022. This is a full-time 1 year contract, with the potential to be offered a permanent contract in July 2023.
The successful individual will have experience supporting pupils in KS3 and KS4, and will preferably have experience supporting pupils with SEMH. You will have strong behaviour management skills, and will have knowledge on de-escalation strategies, and how to handle extreme situations with challenging behaviour.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be someone who is outgoing, resilient and calm natured to help engage pupils and effectively manage any challenging behaviour that may arise. The successful candidate will be expected to work in a small group or 1:1 setting.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant, you will be required to:
- Support pupils throughout the school day
- Support pupils across the specialist provision
- Incorporate the use of senses into learning
- Help pupils to support their speech, language and communication
- De-escalate challenging situations
- Consider the choices, needs and wishes of each pupil and encourage them to make the right choices for learning
Although this role may be challenging, it is incredibly rewarding, and we are hoping to appoint someone who is able to form a strong relationship with these pupils and build a great rapport.
If you are interested in the above post, please apply directly today. A member of the Preston Secondary team will then be in touch to discuss your application in more detail.