Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
Investigates, evaluates, disposes and settles less complex claims with moderate supervision and includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves. Incumbents at this level typically hold claims reserve and settlement authority of up to $5,000 liability and/or $10,000 workers compensation or greater.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
- Handles claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies, procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Incumbents at this level should be able to work at full case load capacity.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years related claims experience required
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business software.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.