Join us, we're an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Due to company growth, we have a new vacancy for a Assistant Contract Manager to join our Infrastructure team, covering the Yorkshire region. This will initially be on a temporary 6 month contract.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, you will contribute to the performance and growth of our infrastructure division and ensure that we exceed our client's expectations on safety, quality, and operational delivery. You will predominantly be involved in de-veg, but the work scope may potentially also include fencing and civils work.Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing multiple Site Supervisors across the region, providing support and guidance
- Ensuring HSQE protocol is followed by all
- Site audits to maintain excellent standards and ensure targets are met
- Supporting the Contract Manager with surveying sites to evaluate work-scope, as well as planning, overseeing, and delivering effectively
- End-to-end management of schemes
- Checking and producing RAMs
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group's '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain'
- We inclusively support 'The Race at Work Charter', 'Ban the Box', 'The Armed Forces Covenant' and are 'Disability Confident'
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that 'no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely' and embed this Safety culture throughout the business Training,
- Development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work,
- Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do. Everyone is welcome. We're embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we'll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we're stronger.
Who are we looking for?
To be ideal for this role, you will have the following, although training can be given to the right candidate:
- Qualifications/experience in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environment, land use, or a related discipline
- Managerial experience in a similar environment
- The ability to lead and motivate
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
Join us to make a difference!