LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT: LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WILLING TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO HELP OTHERS
We are looking for a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to support children with severe and / or profound multiple learning difficulties. No previous experience is required. Interviews are now taking place.
The school provides a safe learning environment for children complex learning needs. The students are aged from 2-19 years old and often have multiple diagnosis so their needs can be quite severe. The school provides therapies including: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Music, Speech and Language Therapies. The team works closely with therapists to ensure the physical and emotional needs of the children are met. The school has excellent facilities and on-site equipment including a therapy pool, sensory rooms and uses I-Gaze technology, and there is excellent on-site training, support and CPD.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist teams, enabling you to expand your knowledge and skillset. Such teams include: Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Nursing Teams.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Assist the class teacher in providing the learning experience of students
- Behaviour and pastoral support
- Ability to build robust and effective relationships with students
- Practical approach to meet the individual needs of students
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Caring, compassionate, and a good listener
- Willing to work 1:1 and in small groups with students
- Ensure safeguarding of students
- Attend staff meetings and complete appropriate CPD
5 days a week (Mon-Fri)
£75-£90 per day
Apply now or contact Eleanor Chessun-Lawrence at Academics Ltd:
Candidates registering with Academics Ltd will need to have or apply for an Enhanced DBS and/or overseas police check where appropriate.