Offering $10,000 Sign on Bonus
The Admissions RN coordinates all aspects of a patients admission, and ensures a smooth and timely process from the initial intake to program admission. The Admissions RN assists in educating the family regarding hospice services and ensures the patient is comfortable throughout the admission. Works in a collaborative and persuasive manner with the hospital, nursing home, or other admissions staff, to help ensure they have a positive experience.
- Responsible to communicate hospice services to prospective patients, families and referral sources.
- Gathers initial intake information and works with corporate referral center to confirm benefits.
- Serves as an educator for referral sources, patients families and community regarding hospice utilization and benefits.
- Completes admissions paperwork using information obtained from patients, their responsible party, referral source, etc.
- Coordinates follow up with referral sources.
- Conducts clinical evaluations and serves as clinical resource for marketing staff. Completes preliminary admissions paper work. Personally conducts all admissions, when available. Coordinates admissions when more than one is pending.
- Responsible to follow through to ensure that the admissions process is implemented on a timely basis.
- Communicates effectively with referral sources and team members to support the business partnerships being developed by the sales team.
- Willing and able to accurately utilize any automated device required to document in the electronic medical record.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with nursing associations, hospitals, local nursing home affiliations, civic groups, local health care organizations, etc.
- May be asked to conduct after-hours admissions or to work on-call, as needed.
- Builds relationships with nursing home staff, hospital discharge planners, physicians, etc.
- Serves as Case Manager for the Caris Routine Home Care patients residing at the assigned nursing center.
- Attends and participates in Care Plan Meetings.
- Must be a Registered Nurse licensed in the state of operation.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding high quality hospice care and be able to personally provide patient care. Must be able to complete admissions paperwork properly, in accordance with company policy and hospice regulations, etc.
- Must possess good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, be outgoing, perceptive and self motivated with the ability to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people.
- Prior management experience preferred. Must be able to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
Requisition ID: 14TNFTADMRN090222
External Company Name: Caris Healthcare
External Company URL:
Street: 1475 Simpson Rd