Are you an all rounder when it comes to accounts with some knowledge of Sage or Xero accounting software? We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant
to join this well established supplier of safety products based in Hereford
.This is a permanent
role with a salary of £25-28k per annum
working Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm. Benefits include 25 days annual leave, discretionary bonus, pension, free parking and career development!As Accounts Assistant
you will be supporting the Finance Manager with recording all finance transactions such as purchases, expenses, sales invoices and payments.In detail this role will be involve:
- Sales Ledger - Check invoices against pick notes, check website payments, update sales invoices to ledger, print reports and file sales invoices
- Statements - Process weekly/ monthly customer statements and reconcile supplier statements
- Customer/ Supplier Queries - Send copy invoices / statements to customers & resolve customer queries and liaise with suppliers to resolve queries & information requests.
- Receipts - Note incoming payments, record customer payments to Sage & run reports and process credit card payments
- Credit Insurance - Set up new customer accounts, liaise with credit insurance company to arrange credit cover and set up new credit accounts
- Credit Control - Chase outstanding debtors
- Purchase Ledger - Enter all purchase invoices into Sage and file, match supplier invoices with GRN, check expense invoices, direct debit invoices and courier invoices; prepare monthly payment runs, record supplier payments in Sage and forward remittances
We are keen to hear from applicants with good knowledge of all areas of finance and accounts with previous experience of using Sage. Good IT skills are required including Excel, Smartsheets and Zero ideally. You will have excellent attention to detail, with the ability to build good rapport with customers over the phone and via email.