Who We Are:
At M Booth, we are a culture-first communications agency that attracts the best people and the best brands to a workplace that's alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity. We are relentlessly passionate about our clients and their business, whether that means staying at the forefront of the digital and social evolution, sharpening our earned storytelling skills, or unleashing game-changing insights that result in campaigns that win in the marketplace.
We are a hybrid workforce and believe that inspiration, relevance, and leadership are about how you do it, not where you do it from. We encourage all our employees to Be IRL - this code stands for being Inspired Relevant Leaders. Now, more than ever, our interactions and our relationships are mission critical to our community and our success. They build a culture that enables all of us to do great things and grow together. We invite you into our world of creativity, ideation, and communication. Come Be Inspired come work with us at M Booth.
We have an immediate opening for an Account Director to join our rapidly growing Lifestyle Team. We are a work-hard play-hard team from a variety of professional backgrounds. We believe in creativity, being nimble, moving quickly to capitalize on opportunities and delivering exceptional work to our clients. A successful candidate will be hungry to learn and grow in the lifestyle space, supporting breakthrough press efforts on a team that blends digital expertise with a robust influencer and PR discipline.
All candidates should bring at least 6-8 years' experience and ideally expertise in the lifestyle industries helping to manage multiple accounts, as well as mentoring and managing a team.
What You'll Do:
As an Account Director, you are a team lead on running critical pieces of the business, managing account teams and being a client counselor. You'll manage complex projects, lead and inspire team reports, and serve as a client counselor on the PR, partnerships, events/experiential and influencer programming front. You're expected to be tenacious in motivating teams, inspiring clients as you go above-and-beyond to understand their business and managing up in an effective manager to senior leadership.
The AD is drafting and creating programs and has a large hand in helping develop client budgets. At this level, you have a strong grasp of team and billable work as it relates to staff and client budgeting. You are also playing a pivotal role in selling in projects to clients and also participating in new business.
- Actively provide strategic counsel and be strategic voice for the client
- Strive for excellence in client service
- Build strong relationship that establishes trust with PR client
- Serve as a day-to-day client lead
- Lead weekly calls with clients
- Supervise and direct account teams on communicating client deliverables
- Provide strong editorial support and strategic counsel to teams + clients
- Create programmatic synergies between press, influencer + social efforts on behalf of clients
- Design workplans for programs and manage all workstreams
- Poke holes in team initiatives and ensure work output is the best it can be (of self and team members)
- Juggle multiple workstreams, clients, projects and deadlines
- Oversee special events + experiential activations (virtual and in-person)
- Own more complex elements of project management, such as integration/collaboration with partners, vendors, etc.
- Problem-solve quickly and smartly when issues arise
- Create and track budgets; understands profitability
- Set goals in partnership with media and analytics teams
- Be motivational and inspiring, implementing ideas that help build culture
- Set performance standards for account teams
- Coach in real-time and provide actionable feedback and guidance to add value to teammate and the work
- Challenger of status quo
- A problem solver for the team - helps team find solutions
- Collaborate with supervisors to determine staff and resource allocation against accounts based on strengths, passions and opportunity areas
- Ensure the team is driving significant earned media coverage, and social influencer endorsement (paid partners and/or organic) of programs in your purview. Where appropriate, also bring industry/category contacts to the table (e.g., experts)
- Direct and manage the work of SAE's, AE's AAE's, AC's and Interns
- Develop strategic plans/programs, including but not limited to product launch moments, influencer campaigns, strategic partnerships and more
- Contribute ideas that deliver on briefs and jobs-to-be-done
- Organize teammates and horizontals on planning path forward
- Lead brainstorms and challenge teams on feasibility and creativity of ideas
What You'll Bring:
- Solid foundation in public relations - both traditional media and digital
- Proven ability to lead projects and communications
- Ability to roll with it and be nimble when there are changes to pathways and needs to counsel on pivots
- Skilled in motivating teammates and helping them grow
- In touch with cultural and industry trends
- 6-8 years of experience on an Account and on the agency side
- Experience managing a team of 3-4 direct reports
- Experience and/or passionate about the lifestyle, food/bev scene
- The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in consumer marketing specifically: traditional public relations, large integrated programming, social strategy, and influencer marketing (paid and organic)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Travel is required from time-to-time (within reason and barring pandemic set-backs)
What We'll Bring:
Here are a few highlights of the benefits we offer at M Booth:
- A workplace that's alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, and Commuter Benefits
M Booth & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location: Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states:
- California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington D.C.